Naruto thought dump (now that I’m 35 episodes deep)
- Kakashi = Izumi
- Sharingan contacts would be hella
- How did you know I needed MORE heavy handed mid-arc recap??
- Touching moment? Absurd guitar riff
- Take a shot every time Sakura says “Sasuke kun”; two shots if that’s her only line of dialogue
- Everyone is actually just a log, probably
- Every ninja team is two guys and a girl
- Every place full of anon ninjas is angry dudes with swoopy emo hair
- Sakura’s blossoming episode = a few thrown kunai, a string of failed substitutions, a painfully long haircut, flashbacks to her and Ino fighting over Sasuke, and montages of previous fights in which she did nothing while Sasuke and Naruto fought (and they throw us this shitty bone after THIRTY ONE episodes with basically zilch from/about her even though she’s an MC?! BULLSHIT, I SAY!)
- Sakura’s jutsu??? Empathy?? We just don’t know
- Rock Lee is an absolute cutie
- Why is everyone so afraid of that sandy little shit tho? Must be the supernaturally unsmudged eyeliner
Civil Rights Movement vs Ferguson Protests
This is terrifying
50 years and ain’t nothing changed.
On a scale from Sokka to Tuxedo Mask how well did your relationship with a moon princess gf turn out
I’m really proud of myself rn y’all. Been making some powerful progress that I wanna fill y’all in on.
- Successfully lived on my own for a full year (Aug ‘13 - ‘14)
- Moved out of my first apartment
- Found a nice new apartment to live in (we’re talking a two-story townhouse w/ marble countertops, 1.5 bathrooms, big windows, two porches, and washer/dryer included AKA the Real Deal)
- Gonna be paying a whole set of bills now (electricity, sewage/water, rent, gas, etc) which means more responsibility/maturity/independence
- I GOT A NEW JOB!
- which means I DON’T HAVE TO WORK FOR MY ABUSIVE FATHER ANYMORE!!!
- Perks include: close to home, regular hours, free healthy/delicious food and drinks, great starting pay ($9/hr), chill cafe environment, relaxed appearance standards, accommodation of life outside work, decent coworkers, and learning/advancement opportunities
- I’ve literally never had a job that met so many of my basic needs/expectations in my life
- I’m still in disbelief that I’ll finally be able to create some financial/emotional security without bullshit strings attached OR being super anxious/depressed/angry
- Started going to counseling again
- Been eating better/more often
- Been pushing my social boundaries
- Told my dad that I’m not going on the family trip/have a new job
Things are truly, tangibly looking up for the first time in a long time! These changes are a springboard for healing and growth, and I hope to get a bit more done before the year is out.
Some goals/plans for the rest of ‘14:
- Start learning/practicing cooking on the regs
- Start going to steel drum again
- Take a sewing class
- Take a few ACC classes
- Officially dedicate myself to my spiritual practices
- Start a savings account
- Save up for my new desktop PC rig (and build before the new year if possible)
- Throw a nice birthday and/or housewarming shindig
- Make my third annual set of Yule treats
- Continue to immerse myself in culture (movies, books, comics, games, etc)
Thanks for reading. ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
What changes have you guys made in your lives this year? How have y’all grown?
Last night, I threw a bit of a dinner party for a few friends. Or, well, more accurately, I threw a massive, multi-course, made from scratch Game of Thrones themed dinner party for a few friends, and the amazing wings-andgrace took absolutely gorgeous, delicious-looking pictures that I had to share (in the order they were served):
House Martell: Tapas platter with salt roasted Marcona almonds, cashews, assorted olives, pomegranate, assorted cheeses, pita, figs, raisins, pear tomatoes, and fresh apricots, served with Moroccan-style mint tea.
House Tyrell: Carved melon rose filled with feta, mint, and basil, dressed with sea salt, white wine, and lemon infused olive oil. Served with Gewurztraminer.
House Greyjoy: Seafood platter featuring braised octopus, broiled shrimp, steamed clams, steamed mussels, steamed salmon and red snapper heads, and fried butterfish on a bed of fresh seaweed.
House Tully: Anchovies fried in rice flour and herbs atop red wild rice with lemon and dill. Served alongside House Greyjoy with Chardonnay.
House Frey: Whole wheat brown bread with salt, thyme, and fresh butter. Served with a nut brown ale.
House Targaryen: Lamb cutlets and heart in a spicy Ras el Hanout-based curry, served over farro and orzo. Yes, that’s a real heart. Yes, the thing it’s sitting on is on real fire. The horse statue in the background is welded steel and was sculpted by my mother. Served with Shiraz.
House Baratheon: Wild boar ribs slow-braised in Cabernet with caramelized onions and safflower.
The Night’s Watch: Assorted root vegetables roasted and sprinkled with black truffle oil, black pepper, and Himalayan rock salt.
House Stark: Broiled artichokes with apple bacon and garlic aoli. All three dishes served together with Cabernet Sauvignon.
House Arryn: Game hen roasted in mustard, honey, and garlic on sesame sauteed and roasted spaghetti squash and sweet potato with roasted baby white eggplant, served with Pinot Grigio.
House Bolton: Lychee fruits with freeze dried cranberries and a cayenne fresh cherry sauce.
House Lannister: Honey spice cake soaked in a pool of honey with lemon cream glaze, pomegranate, and gold flakes. Served along with House Bolton with Mead.
The entire feast assembled together presented by the gorgeous whoviancup as Elia Martell…
…and one more picture because there can never be too many pictures of beautiful badass women in fabulous cosplay, one more of her playing with lethalsoup’s sword and showing off the back of the dress, with what was fondly known as “the ass dragon.”
Who says geeks don’t know how to have fun on a Saturday night?
HOLY SHIT WHEN I’M RICH
10edit: up to 30! seconds it buys you can make all the difference, and it’s very very easy. It WILL save you, probably many times over.
Entity is another cool horror game. It starts out slow but as you see from the above screenshots, it gets creepy real fast.
It kind of reminds me of sleep paralysis because of the line said by the girl “I can’t move my body…”
anime directed by Masaaki Yuasa (湯浅政明)• Mind Game (2004) • Kemonozume (2006) • Kaiba (2008) •
• Tatami Galaxy (2010) • Kick-Heart (2012) • Ping Pong (2014) •
Sleigh Bells- Reign of Terror
Satoshi Kon - Editing Space & Time
Tony Zhou : “Four years after his passing, we still haven’t quite caught up to Satoshi Kon, one of the great visionaries of modern film. In just four features and one TV series, he developed a unique style of editing that distorted and warped space and time. Join me in honoring the greatest Japanese animator not named Miyazaki.”